With the advancement of technology, enterprises are able to leverage mobile devices and use them to their advantage with the help of beneficial business-related apps. Although this has led to improvements in business operations, it has also led to decreased employee productivity.
Employees misusing mobile devices for entertainment and other personal reasons at the workplace has been a big menace for enterprises. This has led to monetary losses and compromised security of the company.
Android kiosks have proven to be the best solution for this. The advent of Android kiosk mode has been nothing but revolutionary for improving productivity, saving infrastructure costs, and ensuring the safety of personal devices. No wonder the global kiosk market is forecast to reach a size of 48 billion USD by 2025!
What is Android Kiosk Mode?
Android kiosk mode is a mechanism that locks down android devices, enabling only those apps that are required for business operations. Once Android kiosk mode is enabled on a device, all other functionalities such as unnecessary applications, notifications, status bar, settings, browser usage, etc. will be disabled for usage. The users will be able to use only those apps that have been enabled by the IT admin of the enterprise.
Through Android kiosk mode, enterprise IT admins will be able to take complete control of the devices running in kiosk mode by ensuring that the device is being used only for purposes that are beneficial to the company. Even the content that is being displayed on the device can be controlled and excess internet costs can be reduced.
Android kiosk modes can have many use cases because almost all enterprises and organizations can benefit from the Android kiosk mode to limit the application usage on personal as well as corporate-owned android devices.
How does the Android Kiosk Mode Work?
Enterprise IT admins can use Android Kiosk solutions by allowing or disallowing applications on employees’ devices. This can be done by either manually installing business-related apps or even through Cloud settings. All the Android kiosk mode settings can be configured on a distributed system using a central login portal.
IT admins will be able to track the device locations, add or remove apps, and manage all devices using a common portal. Until the employees’ personal or corporate-owned devices are locked using the Android kiosk mode, application and browser usage will be restricted.
How can Android Kiosk Mode be Beneficial for Enterprises?
Android kiosk hardware can completely transform an enterprise’s potential. Here are a few ways in which Android kiosk mode can be extremely beneficial for enterprises:
1. Customization for Business Needs
Mobile apps can, no doubt, be extremely helpful in many enterprise sectors. For example, retail stores employees can be empowered using mobile applications useful for store and order management. Or, the healthcare sector can make use of specific mobile apps that help to maintain patient data at a commonplace.
For such cases, completely restricting the usage of mobile devices may not be the wisest step to take. The best solution then is to use Android kiosk lockdown modes on all employees’ devices during work hours.
Enterprise IT admin can customize all the employee devices by installing only those applications that will prove to be productive to the company. This step will ensure that your employees are empowered with the right tools needed for smooth business functioning, and restricted from using unnecessary apps that will hamper their productivity.
2. Ensuring Utmost Security
In many industries, specifically IT, healthcare, etc., there’s always a fear of sensitive data pertaining to the company leaking out. There’s also the fear of the company’s systems being compromised due to multiple vulnerabilities that may open up because of free access to applications in employee mobile devices.
Compromised security can lead to sensitive data leakage, cybersecurity attacks, and similar more scenarios. All these can prove to be an extremely costly affair for enterprises leading to massive monetary losses. To prevent such situations, most of the enterprises today have adopted Android kiosk hardware to lock down employee devices and prevent the usage of mobile applications that can be a security threat to the enterprise.
3. Save Money
Android kiosk modes can help you save infrastructure costs by monitoring and restricting mobile data usage on devices. Without this, employees are likely to scroll through social media and other gaming apps leading to increased data costs related to personal usage. This might seem like a small amount, but over time when such expenses accumulate, they can amount to a lot of money.
Moreover, using Android kiosk mode, you are ensuring that your employees are adding value to your company during working hours instead of using the time for their personal reasons. Hence, kiosk mode will improve your employee’s workplace productivity, thus ensuring that you save a lot of money.
4. Grow your Business by Ensuring Employee Productivity
It’s a common phenomenon to see enterprise employees scrolling through social media apps, gaming apps, and browsing through shopping websites during work hours. Suppose that each employee spends at least half an hour each work day on such activities. Imagine the kind of business results that you will get just by curbing the usage of these apps.
Using Android kiosk lockdown modes, employee productivity will greatly improve, thus ensuring that you reach your business goals at a faster pace.
Which Industries can Benefit from Android Kiosk Mode?
Android kiosk modes can be extremely beneficial for all kinds of industries:
- IT – Android lockdown modes on employee devices in IT companies can ensure that employee productivity is maximized and sensitive client data is not compromised due to employee’s mobile devices.
- Healthcare – By restricting the apps on mobile devices and staff, company devices can be used for healthcare applications such as capturing patient data, and maintaining patient and hospital records. These details can then be used by the hospital staff to take swift actions on patient information.
- Education – Unnecessary mobile usage by students and teachers in educational institutions is a huge menace today. Completely restricting mobile devices cannot be feasible because a lot of learning is done on mobile devices. Hence Android kiosk lockdown modes can ensure that only apps that are useful for the benefit of students are used.
- Restaurants – Restaurant staff productivity can again be ensured with the use of Android kiosk lockdown mode. Only applications related to food ordering, customer registration, and feedback can be enabled on staff’s mobile phones to ensure optimum productivity and better customer experience.
- Transportation – For drivers, GPS and other transportation-related apps are a necessity. But drivers often misuse their devices by installing unwanted apps and using mobile data for non-business-related purposes. Android kiosk mode will help to curb the installation of personal apps and also restrict mobile data usage to ensure reduced money wastage.
- Logistics – Employees working in logistics also need mobile applications related to inventory management. Enterprises can restrict the usage of non-business-related apps by the use of Android kiosk lockdown modes on all employee devices.
To conclude, Android kiosk mode is one of the most beneficial, yet most underrated solutions to ensure maximum productivity in enterprises.
Be it healthcare, restaurants, IT, retail, construction, transportation, logistics, or hospitality, Android kiosk lockdown mode can be an extremely useful solution for enterprises in any of these industries. Hence, if you are experiencing decreased productivity, increased data usage, increased security threats, and slow business growth, then it’s time for you to adopt a kiosk solution for your company.